I am so pleased with Perdy’s kids this year! 2 bucklings, 1 doeling entered the world around 3 pm Feb. 18. She did such a great job!
Mini-mancha Triplets Have Arrived!
- Meet The New Kids…Farm Friday! — Hello! What a busy summer it has been. I don’t know about you, but I am needing vacation from summer vacation. Or maybe just getting back to some semblance of a schedule that we tend to toss aside when school lets out in June. It has been awhile since I had time to sit and [...]
- The Best Udder Wash Ever — Thieves cleans almost everything – even goats! I have tried many recipes looking for the perfect udder wash over the last few years. I have tried iodine, baby wipes, the dish soap recipes, there was one made with liquid castille soap, a very very weak bleach solution, and even vinegar. (the bleach was the worst [...]
- End Of Summer Homestead Inventory — I am always happy when summer ends. I do not enjoy heat and humidity. I am thrilled that fall has arrived on the calender AND in the weather department! Anybody else? It is time to make some notes about our winners and losers of summer to wrap things up. Garden – mostly a disaster. This [...]
- I Heard Goats Eat Everything. (yeah, ... — If you are a goat owner, you’ve heard it too “I heard goats eat everything!” If you are not a goats owner, this is a quick lesson. Truth is, some goats are like picky little kids. And they hate changes. We got a beautiful stack of fresh alfalfa and grass mixed hay delivered yesterday. It’s [...]
- The Goats Have Me Trained — Every morning when I get up and head into the kitchen for my coffee, this is what I see from the window. (sorry it’s blurry, I was trying to be sneaky with my cell phone camera) That’s Perdy, waiting for her breakfast. She figured out her first day here that if she stood on the [...]