Are you one of the many looking for alternative income through a home business? There are a few things to consider when choosing a home based business company – AKA Network Marketing, Direct Sales, or MLM. I have discovered alot in the last few years and would love to share my findings.
I am so thankful to be a stay at home mom, but I love having something that helps fill my Proverbs 31 Woman desire to be helpful and fruitful for my family.
I actually wasn’t looking for a “job” when I started with Young Living. It found me. I admit it has been a slow build – and that’s exactly the way I wanted it. I didn’t KNOW how much time or energy I could give to it when I discovered the opportunity to make some money by sharing what I love.
That’s totally OK! Everyone is different and my leadership team honors that. I have fallen in love with our network marketing model BECAUSE they haven’t pressured me. They have taught me and there is so much honor, respect, friendship, and love involved that I can’t help but want to build a biz with them.
So, what should you look for? I’m specifically talking about network marketing or multi-level marketing companies here. There are TONS of them and no they are not “schemes”. A scheme is when you pay out money for a promise and get nothing in return. That brings me to the first point…
- A good company will have excellent product in return for your investment. Look at the quality, the way it produces, and the variety. Examine the website and see what they offer.
- A good company will have more than one product, and it is product that people will continue to want to buy over and over again. Mine has around 400! I would think it is hard to do a business with just a couple of products.
- A good company will have been around for awhile! Young Living is now in their 21st year of business and a leader in the industry. They are a $1 billion company and still have a huge growth potential.
- A good company will have substance – not hype! Check out the products, watch the people. See what kind of leaders they have. Sometimes you do have to sort through some BS and fluff to find the gold.
- A good company will have an excellent comp plan that will not only pay well as you get started, but for long term residual income. And I would be suspicious of any company that teaches you don’t have to put any work into it or uses the word “effortless”. The structure needs to be a NETWORK, not a pyramid. Network = anyone can earn as much as they put into it. Pyramid = the person at the top makes the most and every level below gets lower and lower. .
- A good company will have a great BBB rating! My company is an A+.
- A good company will have a reasonable monthly purchase requirement for business builders. I just think of it as my overhead, and it’s all stuff I would use anyway so why not get rewarded for it? I can use it for personal use as well as business use. My company has a $100 a month requirement and it has excellent perks for that.
BONUS: Is there training? Look carefully at the sponsor you sign up with. Find out if they are just an enrollment machine, or if they will stick around and support you, help you learn, provide team training as you grow. Do they have a community you can join? Are the leaders friendly and supportive of each other, or do they argue, and fight and compete with each other? All of these are so important!
That is my short list of what I would look for if I was searching for a good company to start up with. I continue to learn and fall in love with the network marketing model – that means talking to people and referring a product or business you really like. It does work, if YOU do the work! If you aren’t prepared to work and do some personal development, then maybe this isn’t a good gig for you.
The work IS easier when you LOVE your product and company. Try it out sometime and see! There is something out there for everyone.
Blessings in your search for the perfect company for YOU!
If you are thinking about Young Living as a home business and would like to talk, use my contact form an I will send you some info. If you are ready to go, get your starter kit here. Choose one or more of the Essential Rewards packs to get your biz off to a great start with a variety of product to try out.